The CED-Groep: quality and innovation in teaching and education
The CED-Groep is an authoritative organisation in the field of teaching, education, and childcare.
What drives us?
The 350 professionals who work for this organisation share the same passion: they want to make a positive and high-quality contribution to the development of children, youth and adults, and their achievements in school. They do this based on the conviction that everyone has the right to develop their talents. Whether it’s a toddler who is discovering the world around him, a gifted, regular, or weak pupil, a pupil with social-emotional problems or behavioural problems, or a drop-out wanting a second chance. They all deserve to be surrounded by people who can unlock their capacities and help them to grow.
Who do we work for?
The CED-Groep works for a wide range of clients, such as childcare institutes, school boards, primary education, special education, secondary education, vocational education, and adult education. The organisation also works for municipalities, the so-called wsns collaborations, the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW), and on an ad hoc basis for commercial companies.
Where do we work?
The activities of the CED-Groep are predominantly concentrated in the Randstad. That is why the head office is situated in Rotterdam. In the regions surrounding Rotterdam, small-scale market units have been set up from where the contacts with clients can be maintained. In the Randstad alone, the organisation works with 42 municipalities, 160 school boards, and more than 900 schools.
This region is not the only focus, however; the CED-Groep works for clients throughout the Netherlands. In recent years, there has been growing interest from organisations outside the Netherlands. This can be explained by the fact that the CED-Groep has initiated and successfully carried out a number of large-scale projects in the areas of language, arithmetic, and integration. The organisation attaches great value to the sharing of knowledge and experience, and therefore maintains working relationships with, amongst others, Hungary, the Dutch Antilles, and Russia.
What do we do?
The CED-Groep advises, supervises, supports, trains, and coaches professionals who are involved in childcare or teaching. This is done around various themes such as language, arithmetic, mathematics, orientation on the world, social competence, pupil care, and citizenship.
The organisation researches and also tests individual pupils, and based on the results of these tests, gives a recommendation to the school and parents, or helps to create an individual treatment plan of approach. The CED-Groep also has access to a so-called Reading clinic (‘Leeskliniek’) and expert supervisors who, for example, provide language courses to dyslectic children and their parents.
Additionally, educational materials, in other words teaching methods and programmes, are developed. This is often commissioned by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, for example, or school boards. The CED-Groep is geared towards practice in the field and therefore almost always develops the materials in collaboration with potential users. It also regularly develops material on its own initiative, for example as a result of identifying a serious lack of available materials in a certain field.
A final important activity: research. The organisation can, for example, evaluate the effectiveness of specific teaching methods or programmes, and it analyses the test results and pupils’ performances for hundreds of schools and school boards.
What do we stand for?
The approach of the CED-Groep is characterised by the following core values:
- Result-driven: contributing to better results by pupils;
- Practical: involving schools and teaching professionals in the development of projects and educational material;
- Customised work and commitment: having an eye for the uniqueness of each client;
- Quality: striving for perfection;
- Progressive: permanently investing in improvements to products and services.
The CED-Groep is certified according to the ISO norms of the national branch organisation, and is in possession of the so-called Certifiked- and Cedeo accreditation.
What have we developed?
In recent decades, the CED-Groep has developed many teaching methods and educational materials that have found their way to thousands of users in the Netherlands and Flanders. A selection of the products that have been developed:
• Ko-totaal: a successful total educational programme for children from 2 ½ to 6 years old, geared towards extending their skills in the Dutch language. This programme has also been incorporated into a national TV series for toddlers and infants.
•Sociaal Spel: a programme for enhancing the social-emotional development of children aged between 0-4 years old.
• Taaltrapeze: the first – and still the only – language method that is specifically aimed at pupils in special education (both primary and secondary).
• DeltaPlus: 57 primary schools and their school boards in Rotterdam are taking part in a ten-year project. Aim: to improve the pupils’ performances in the areas of language arithmetic, and social competence.
• Nieuwsbegrip: a programme through which pupils in primary and secondary education improve their reading comprehension, and extend their vocabulary. A website is part of the programme, containing weekly new and up-to-date texts and assignments.
• Taakspel: this is a group-based approach through which pupils learn to comply better with rules in the classroom.
• SCOL (sociale competentie observatie lijst): an instrument designed to produce a representation of the social competences of pupils. A special computer programme classifies the observation data per pupil, group and school.
• Wijzer onderwijs: a practical approach with which teachers learn to better attune their lessons to the needs of pupils with autism.
3068 PC Rotterdam
Tel. + 31 10 – 4071 599